Quito Botanical Gardens...our last day in Quito

For our last day in Quito we decided to stay close to home and visit the Botanical Gardens located about 3 blocks form our apartment. I am glad we decided to take it easy, since we are all walking around like zombies. You see, except for Terran, no one could sleep last night. I think we are all anxious, and excited to get in that plane, and head home. I have really enjoyed our trip, we have seen, and done so much, but we are 100% ready to come home. Wyatt has been planning home improvement projects for around 5 months now....hehehe. I am excited to help with that, and see our home change, The kids have missed their friends, family, and their school, so yes we are ready to go home.

Orchids from the Botanical Gardens

Having said that, even as I walk around on our last day, I am still sad to leave this beautiful place...so many conflicting emotions. Ecuador is like a little heaven to me, so green, great weather, kind people. I will miss it here dearly. I will miss Loja's music, Cuenca's architecture, and people, Guayaquil with it's beautiful temple, and all that those places mean to my heart. As I look back at all of our pictures I am in awe at all we have seen, and done. I guess I can't complain to Wyatt anymore that we NEVER go anywhere! 

So here is a little window to our last day. We walked around like tired zombies, anxious, excited, happy, and sad all in the same moment, and we could not believe our adventure is almost over. 

I hope this pictures will be a reminder of that time we went away for a long time, and now it feels more like a dream.

More Orchids, the colors here are always so bold, and strong

My babies, man they have really grown

This is a Bonsai tree, part of the Botanical garden is dedicated to the people of Quito, who welcomed Japanese refugees after WWII

Most Ecuadorian attractions seemed to have a great tree house type of structure near by. 

More Bonsai trees
Of course I can't post without mentioning food. A couple of days ago a new little restaurant opened in front of our apartment called "Mundo Verde" or Green World. Verde is what Ecuadorians call green plantains...so a more accurate translation would be Green Plantain World. We had to eat as Ecuadorian as we could, and so we did, Japingachos, Tortas de Verde, Arroz con menestra y seco de Pollo. I wish I could take all Ecuadorian food home with me. We never did find empanadas de verde again like the ones in the Loja markets, so YouTube better have a good recipe.

Terran, the family entrepreneur, suggested we open a franchise of this place in Canada, lol.

Our last Ecuadorian meal.

Tortas de Verde con huevo

Some Ecuadorian wisdom...."There is no more sincere love, like the love of food!"....so true!
 

Comments

  1. Oh sister...I am going to miss living vicariously through you and your postings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love that poster. Maybe when you remodel, you can paint the quote on your kitchen wall :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Monasterio de Santa Catalina: A city within a city.

Templo de la Luna

Friends, and random pictures here in Cusco.