Quito Family

My side of the family, and specifically my Mother's side of the family is HUGE! My Abuelito Lama had (that we know of...) 29 kids! and so in our travels so far we have met a lot of family. My Mom is very close with a few of her brothers, and sisters, my Tia (Aunt in Spanish) Neli, my Tia Anita, my Tio Lucho, and my Tia Maruja. I was fortunate to see my Tia Neli as she happened to be visiting her son Aldo, who lives in Quito.

Karen, Dylan, Caroline, Rosie, Aldo, Tia Neli, Terran, Wyatt, Maija, and Monica all with big smiles after enjoying a yummy chicken dinner.



I think the last time I saw her I was maybe...5 years old, but you know those family members you hear so much about, that you feel like you know them? My kids called Tia Anita their other "Lita" or other grandma, and I told them this time they would meet a third Lita.

Con la tercera Lita

It was great to reconnect with my cousin Aldo, and meet his beautiful family. They gave us advice on where to go, and where not to go in Quito, and they invited us to their home for some traditional Easter Fanesca. Fanesca is an Ecuadorian Easter dish, we had some in Cuenca, and it was good, but home made Fanesca takes the CAKE. Thank you Rosie!

Enjoying Fanesca at Aldo and Rosie's home

Is there a better way to enjoy family time than eating?! I don't think so.....

Comments

  1. This is so beautiful! I can't wait 'til we can go see family :) isn't it a heavenly feeling?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Monasterio de Santa Catalina: A city within a city.

Templo de la Luna

Friends, and random pictures here in Cusco.